Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Bannack Edits

All these shots were taken in the old ghost town of Bannack, Montana. The shots below are ones I did some editing to. In the "ghost" shot I added some texture and words. (Can you find them?) What looks like pawns for chess are actually antique salt and pepper shakers. I like this shot. It reminds me of an old couple sitting together at the table looking outside to watch the day go by. Do you see it too? Though the door to the house doesn't look edited, it is. I burned the border and there is actually an overlay of a photo I took of an old, wooden Bannack sign. The fourth is my attempt at combining shots to create a dynamic range in the photo.



Photo Ingredients:
1. Ghosty: May 15, Bannack, Montana, f 8 10, Canon 50D Digital SLR
2. Shakers: May 15, Bannack, Montana, f 6.3 1/50, Canon 50D Digital SLR
Text overlay
3. Door: May 15, Bannack, Montana, f 4 1/400, Canon 50D Digital SLR
Photo of the word "Bannack" overlay on door
4. Sky: May 15, Bannack, Montana, foreground: f 13 1/100 background: f 13 1/3200, Canon 50D Digital SLR
Two photos combined to create a HDR image


4 comments:

  1. Oh my GOSH I LOVE YOUR PHOTOS!!! And your edits too! They are really beautiful and different than most of the Bannack shots I've seen-Great job!! My favorites are the old wagon edited shot, the reddish door edited one, and then all of your unedited ones! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blended shots are incredible! The original shots are great, but then you photoshoped it up and they became even more brilliant and amazing! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the Mason Lodge shot. You have a different style... it is refreshing. Too many pictures have been taken of the same things at Bannack and new stuff is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your shots and edits Dani! You are amazing! The lighting is superb! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete