Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Water Shots

I went to the gardens last week on the BYU-Idaho campus and took some shots of the water, flora and fauna that lies within:) I never realized how beautiful the gardens are- I haven't walked through them in the summer before. I really enjoyed capturing the mother duck and her babies. They were so cute. It was a little hard to slow my shutter speed down because it was so bright outside and the shots kept getting blown out. But I successfully got some water shots.




Photo Ingredients:
1. Babies: June 11, 2009, Rexburg, Idaho, f 5.6 1/200, Canon 50D Digital SLR
2. Waterfall: June 11, Rexburg, Idaho, f 10 1/15, Canon 50D Digital SLR
3. Duck: June 11, Rexburg, Idaho, f 5.6 1/320, Canon 50D Digital SLR
4. Lilypad: June 11, Rexburg, Idaho, f 10 1/125, Canon 50D Digital SLR
5. Hand: February 14, 2009, Rexburg, Idaho, f 7.1 1/800, Nikon D80
6. Stream: June 11, Rexburg, Idaho, f 10 1/80, Canon 50D Digital SLR
7. Lion: June 11, Rexburg, Idaho, f 10 1/320, Canon 50D Digital SLR

5 comments:

  1. The water off the hand... amazing! I have always loved shots like that. the composition is great with everything blurred out in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic! I especially love the photo of the baby ducks. The colors are vivid, and the composition is great. I remember the hand shot from ADM. It is still one of the most amazing water shots I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your hand shot. Great frozen action!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your shot with your husband and the water dripping off his hand. What settings did you set your camera to, to get that amazing shot?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well the snow was really bright outside and it gave off some great light. The settings are under"Hand" in #5 above!

    ReplyDelete