Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Portrait Edits

The shots below are of my husband Ryan, and niece Kylie. Ryan was a little apprehensive about me posting this shot but I really like it of him.

I added some contrast to this photo and desaturated it. I then put a burned border around the edges and brought back some color in his shirt and the wall.

Kylie's shot was a little blurry. I used the unsharpen mask tool in Photoshop and gave the background a gaussian blur. I added also added contrast and whitened her teeth a bit. The changes are minimal, but there is a visible difference in the shot.


2 comments:

  1. WHOA! Dani - where'd ya get the great male model?
    I really like the enhancements in the second photos. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, Dani! I love the GQ shot of your husband. Great composition and subtle color changes in that one. Also, your edits on the shot of Kylie are just right. I like her whiter teeth, and the candid, happy expression is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete